Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

Garlic Dip

So I am at work early this morning and my phone rang.  I must admit that I do not get many calls at work (only about 1 or 2 a month), so it surprised me.  I did not recognize the number, so as I answered it, I did not know what to expect.  It turned out to be my boss calling me from her cell phone.  I could not figure out why she was calling me...She went on to explain that she needed some appetizer ideas for her pontoon poker run this week end. She asked me to try to come up with some ideas.  I came up with some ideas that would work for the 25 people that would be coming over to her house that she could prepare ahead of time and keep in the frig until the pontoon brigade arrived at her house.  I first told her about the Pepper Jam that is served over cream cheese with crackers.  Then I remember this awesome Garlic Dip that is also served with Cracker.  The recipe is from a dear friend Jannie Santino, who I worked with when I was in Tacoma Washington.  Jannie was a caterer on the side and one of the best cook that I have even known.  Jannie has since passed away.  I think of her often and it always puts a smile on my face.  I think that Jannie is probably looking down from heaven at my blog and smiling  because I am still sharing this recipe that she invented.

Garlic Dip.
Ingredients:
2 (8-oz) Packages Cream Cheese, softened
1 (8-12oz) Container Cottage Cheese with Chives
Dash Worcestershire Sauce
2 to 3 Cloves Fresh Garlic (as it was written, I love garlic, so I put up to 8 cloves...Be sure to do it to taste)
1/2 teaspoon onion powder

Directions:
Put garlic in food processor or blender to chop.  Add the rest of the ingredients.  Blend until smooth.  Refrigerate.  Serve with crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment