Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2010

BBQ Sauce

I have a simple BBQ sauce that is not tomato based that I generally used on grilled pork, but it is also good on grilled chicken.

First I put the meat in a brine and brine for 24 to 48 hours.  To make the brine, I boil 1/4 cup kosher salt and 4 cups water.  I boil for a minute or two and take off heat.  Once it has cooled to room temperature, I put the meat in a ziploc bag and pour the brine over it.  I seal the bag and keep in frig for 24 to 48 hours.  I turn the bag about twice a day.

Sauce - This can be made and refrigerated up to 48 hours ahead of time.

Ingredients:
2  Cups Cider Vinegar
1/4 Cup Sugar
1 1/2 Tablespoons Hot Sauce (I use Frank's)
1 Tablespoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
1 1/2 Tablespoons Liquid Smoke
1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
1/4 can of beer (you can drink the rest of the beer)
Salt and Pepper to Taste

Directions:
Bring all of the ingredients to a boil .  Let cool and put in frig.  When cooking meat, use 1/2 of the sauce to baste the meat on the grill.  Save the other 1/2 for a dipping sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment